Towers of Hanoi
Hanoi is based on the old puzzle Towers of Hanoi. Hanoi is my first attempt at writing a simple game to run on my Nokia 6210 mobile phone. It uses J2ME and should be able to run on any Java MIDP1.0 enabled phone. You may download the source or game to play for free, but I won't be able to offer any support for it. Hopefully I'll be able to start on some other games soon.
|The game starts here.||The object is to get here.||If you get stuck, you can get hints.|
How to play Hanoi
- There are three piles where you can place disks.
- The game starts with between 3 and 6 disks on the left-most pile.
- The object of the game is to move all of the disks from to the right-most pile.
- Each turn you may pick up a disk from the top of a pile, and put it on top of another pile.
- You may only place a smaller disk onto a larger disk.
- Each turn, press a keypad number (1, 2, or 3) corresponding to the pile that you would like to pick up from.
- Then press the number corresponding to the pile that you would like to put it down on.
- If you change your mind after picking up a disk, press the same number again to put it down.
- Suggest - If you get stuck, select suggest to get a hint about where to move.
- Reset - Start a new game. The disks, move counter and timer are reset.
- Mix - Starts a new game, but with the disks in random places. This can sometimes be more challenging then when the disks start in the correct place.
- Solve - The game will automatically make moves until the puzzle is solved.
- Level 3-6 - Starts a new game with this number of disks.
- About - Instructions on how to play.
- Click here to download the game
- Or navigate to http://ylett.com/projects/hanoi/hanoi.jad with your phone.
- Click here to download Java source code
Page last updated 2003-09-23